Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Floor Coating HS 851 is a single coat paint for concrete floors resistance against chemicals, abrasion and mechanical damage
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Floor Coating HS 851 is a single coat, high solids protection system, specifically designed for concrete floor surfaces. This product combines excellent adhesion quality with resistance against chemicals, abrasion and mechanical damage. 3M Scotchkote Epoxy Floor Coating HS 851 can be used on concrete floors, or on non-porous surfaces (such as quarry tiles) and existing surfaces, along with 3M Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer GP 830.
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Floor Coating HS 851 was specifically designed for use on concrete floor surfaces, for initial applications and reapplications alike. This product is not colour stable, but if this finish is required, it can be achieved through the application of an appropriate top coat.
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Floor Coating HS 851 is best applied using rollers, with medium pile rollers being preferred for the use on uneven surfaces, but can also be applied with a brush. When a slip resistant finish is required, the product should be used in conjunction with 3M Scotchkote Granular Aggregate LD 092. The product can be used for up to 45 minutes, and will be dry to the touch in 6 hours. 3M Scotchkote Epoxy Floor Coating HS 851 is available in both 5 litre and 20 litre units, with a theoretical coverage rate of 5.67m2, per litre, at 150 microns dft.
Surface and Environment
3M Scotchkote Epoxy Floor Coating HS 851 is suitable for concrete and non-porous surfaces, such as quarry tiles and already coated surfaces. Any surfaces that this product is applied to should be clean, dry and free from any loose material, in order to obtain the best results possible. This product provides excellent adhesion, and will provide a high quality service due to the durability and resistant nature of the product.
- Formerly Thortex Floor-Tech HS
- Specifically developed as a single coat high solids protection system for application to concrete floor surfaces
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent chemical resistance
- Designed for application by brush or roller
- Suitable for use as a self priming system on concrete
- Available in Light Grey
- Not colour stable, where a colour stable finish is required it must be overcoated with an appropriate top coat
- Pot life 45 mins
- Touch Dry 6 hours
- Existing coatings and non porous surfaces such as quarry tiles and coated surfaces should be primed with Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer GP 830
- Both short or medium pile rollers can be used for application, with medium pile being preferred on uneven surfaces
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 5.67 sq metre per litre at 150 microns dft
- Supplied in 5 litre & 20 litre
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.