Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, limited stocks of this product are available. Please contact our sales team to check availability. Any orders may be subject to cancellation upon discussion.
Scotchkote 169HB Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining has been specially developed as an in-situ spray applied, rapid setting semi-structural spray lining for the rehabilitation of drinking water distribution pipelines of 75-300mm in diameter.
Once applied, Scotchkote 169HB Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining system works in a manner that will still stay intact even in the unfortunate event of pipelines fracturing and breaking due to ground movement. This product works to offer maintenance teams a fast way of producing a protective coating, minimising downtime, allowing regular service to be continued.
Scotchkote 169HB Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining should be applied using special plural feed lining equipment that has been independently assessed and approved to meet industrial regulations. The substance should be heated to approximately 20-40 degrees celsius to allow the material to cure fast with a return-to-service cure time of just 30 minutes.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote 169HB Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining can be applied to most internal pipeline surfaces commonly made out of steel and concrete and works well in most environments for a long lasting life of 50 years. This product is ideally used in environments where downtime needs to be kept to a minimum and it
- Scotchkote Rapid Setting Polymeric Lining 169HB.
- Formerly Copon Hycote 169HB.
- Developed as an in-situ spray applied, rapid setting semi-structural spray lining for the rehabilitation of drinking water distribution pipelines from 75-300mm in diameter.
- The product is applied internally to suitable host pipes to provide a high build lining that will remain intact in the event of pipe fracture due to ground movement.
- The rapid curing characteristics of the product facilitate the start of return to service procedures which can begin up to 60 minutes after completion of the lining operation.
- Authorised for use under Regulation 31(4)(a) of the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations.
- 60 minute cure time allows for same day return to service.
- Obviates reinstatement of service connections.
- Increased customer satisfaction as a result of same day return to service and reduced road traffic disruption.
- Highly moisture tolerant during application and curing.
- Corrosion void spanning capability maintains longitudinal continuity in the event of host pipe transverse fracture.
- 50 year design life.
- Theoretical coverage rate:0.33 sq metres per litre at 3000 microns dft.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.