Sherwin Williams Epidek M153 is a hard wearing, tar free, anti slip, pure epoxy based extra heavy duty deck coating system to provide exceptional wear and impact resistance to deck surfaces including those in extreme conditions
Epidek M153 provides excellent resistance to crude oil and salt water immersion, and when combined with calcined bauxite aggregate dressing this product can offer exceptional resistance to abrasion and impact damage. As a product with a long expected lifespan, Epidek M153 demonstrates good resistance to the localised effects of heat when welding repairs or modifications occur during construction and maintenance. Epidek M153 can be used to level out undulations and fill cracks in steel decks and plates, and is also suitable for areas when a high level of anti slip rating are required under conditions of severe crude oil and hydrocarbon contamination. Suitable for walkways, escape routes and lay down areas.
Material should be applied direct to blast cleaned steel prepared to a minimum standard of Sa2 1/2 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007. Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. Mix contents of epoxy resin and curing agent together thoroughly. Add the fine silica grit (component A using a power stirrer. Apply product using a trowel to a wet film thickness of 3mm. Within 10-20 mins dress the Epidek M153 aggregate onto the screed until it is fully saturated and no screed is visible.
Benefits of Epidek M153
- Low smoke emission and reduced health and safety impact
- Increases anti slip properties and greatly extends service life
- Improved mixing and application properties
- Excellent adhesion to epoxy primers, tie coats or blast cleaned steel
- Exceptional wear and greatly extends service life
- corrects undulations in steel decks or fills cracks between horizontal deck plates
- NORSOK qualified M-501 Rev.5 (Test reports 4-11-11-10)
- BS.476 Part 7: Surface spread of flames
- Drying Time: 6hrs to touch and recoat at 15°C
- Pot Life: 1 1/2hrs
- Dry Film Thickness: 3000 microns
- Recommended Cleanser/Thinner: Sherwin Williams No5
- Shelf Life: 2 years from date of manufacture
- Colours Available: Dark Grey and Green
- Available in 12.6 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.