Mapei Colorite Matt is a water-based paint for interior walls with high breathability and excellent coverage.
Mapei Colorite Matt is ideal for painting all types of new, old and painted internal surfaces where an attractive finish with a smooth, matt surface with a high whiteness is required. The product’s special formulation makes it particularly suitable for painting cementitious, lime and gypsum substrates which require a high degree of protection and good permeability to vapour.
Colorite Matt is a synthetic resin-based paint for interiors in water dispersion and selected charges with good covering properties and high level of whiteness for internal walls. When applied on internal surfaces, Colorite Matt bonds perfectly to all types of masonry, render, smoothing and levelling compounds and old paintwork, as long as it is well attached. Colorite Matt protects the substrate and gives it a highly attractive, uniform matt finish which is velvety to the touch.
Some application examples
- Painting all types of internal walls and new, well-cured or old cementitious, lime and gypsum render and smoothing and levelling compounds, as long as they are regular, well-bonded and have no flaky or crumbly areas.
- Painting old internal paintwork which is well-attached to the substrate.
Surfaces must be well cured, perfectly clean, sound and dry. Remove all traces of oil and grease from the surface and any parts which are not well attached. Seal all cracks and repair areas which are deteriorated. Seal porosity and level uneven areas of the substrate with mortar and smoothing compounds from the MAPEI Building products line. Apply Malech. Dilute Malech with water according to the type of substrate (cementitious, gypsum or lime based); as a general rule, it is suggested a diluition Malech/water in a ratio of 1/1 for more absorbent substrates and 1/2 for less absorbent substrates, in order to avoid the forming of a glassy film on the wall surface. Wait until Malech is completely dry (6-12 hours) and apply Colorite Matt.
Dilute Colorite Matt with 15%-20% of cold water, making sure that it is thoroughly blended. Use a low-speed drill for blending if possible. When preparing only partial
quantities, we recommend mixing Colorite Matt as is in its original container before pouring off the quantity required. Apply Colorite Matt with a brush, a roller or by spray on dry Malech primer. The cycle comprises the application of at least two coats of Colorite Matt with a recoat time of 6-12 hours, according to humidity and temperature and, in any case,
- Mapei Colorite Matt
- Consistency: thick liquid.
- Available in White and other colours from our in house Mapei tint machine
- Density (EN ISO 2811-1) (g / cm ³): ca. 1.65.
- Solid content (EN ISO 3251) (%): ca. 65.
- Dilution ratio: 15-20% water.
- Waiting time between coats: 24 hours.
- Application temperature range: from + 5 ° C to + 35 ° C.
- Cleaning: water.
- Storage: 24 months.
- Application: brush, roller or spray.
- Consumption: 0.3-0.4 kg / m² (for two coats of the product).
- Available in 5 and 20 kg.