Mapeflex PB27 is a two-component flexible sealant based on polyurethane polymers modified with hydrocarbon resins used on concrete floors in car parks, service areas and industrial buildings and Airport Runways.
- Sealant for floor joints resistant to hydrocarbons.
- Some application examples
- Sealing joints of airport runways.
- Sealing contraction joints on concrete floors in car parks, service areas and industrial buildings subject to vehicle traffic.
- Flexible sealing around machine bases in heavy industry where a high resistance to hydrocarbons is required.
Mapeflex PB27 is a two-component self-levelling flexible sealant made up of hydrocarbon and polyhydric alcohol resins (part A), and a special isocyanate - based hardener (part B). The setting time and pot life depend on the ambient temperature. The working time of the mixed product, at a temperature of +23 degrees C, is approx. 45 minutes.
The two-parts are carefully mixed together to obtain a flowable self-levelling black paste.
In order to ensure the correct function of the sealant, Mapeflex PB27 must be able to stretch and contract freely. Therefore, Mapeflex PB27 must adhere perfectly only to the sides of the joints and not to the bottom, and the depth of the joint must always be less than the width.
- The joint must be sized so that the maximum foreseen movement is less than 25% of the total width. In order to control the depth of the sealant avoiding its adhesion to the botton of the joints, expanded polyethylene foam, for example Mapefoam, must be applyed before the application of Mapeflex PB27.
- A coat of Primer PU60 must by applied to the sides of the concrete joint and let dry for 30-60 minutes before applying Mapeflex PB27.
- The filling of the joint is carried out in the usual way, pouring the properly mixed two parts of Mapeflex PB27 from a container with a spout. Masking tape may be needed on and around the joints in order to prevent overflow onto surface.
- The setting time and pot life depend on the ambient temperature. The working time of the mixed product, at a temperature of +23 degrees C, is approx. 45 minutes.
- Consumption depends on the dimensions of the joint. The density of Mapeflex PB27 is 1.4 g per cm3. A 10x10 mm joint requires approx. 140 g/m.