Mapei Silancolor Base Coat is a filling and evening layer for covering small imperfections in cementitious surfaces before applying a masonry paint from the Mapei Silancolor range.
Mapei Silancolor Base Coat has been formulated with quartz granules for preparing cementitious surfaces before a masonry paint coating is applied, by evening out surfaces, filling defects and improving the bonding of the finish coat. If required, Mapei Silancolor Base Coat can be tinted to match the colour of the topcoat when a scratch effect finish is to be applied, avoiding the problem of the substrate showing through more transparent areas. Using Mapei Silancolor Base Coat to prepare a substrate will leave a uniformly rough finish, making the application of a layered finish easier and improving the protective properties of the finished surface.
Use Mapei Silancolor Base Coat on new, well cured render, old render (if not too damaged or crumbly), or old paintwork, to create an even surface ready for over-coating with one of the Mapei Silancolor range of finishing products.
Apply Mapei Silancolor Base Coat to fully cured, cleaned and degreased surfaces using a paint brush, roller or spray (air mix). Mapei Silancolor Base Coat is ready to use or can be diluted with up to 10% water. A single coat is usually sufficient but for particularly uneven substrates a second coat is recommended.
- Formulated as a base layer to improve bonding and application of a finish coat
- Improves protective properties of finished surface
- Can be tinted to many RAL and BS Colours
- Ready to use, can be diluted with up to 10% water
- Applied by paint brush, roller or spray
- Can be tinted to match finish coat
- Can be over-coated after 24 hours
- Coverage dependent upon substrate, theoretical coverage 0.3-0.5 Kg per m2 per coat
- Supplied in 20Kg drums.