Mapei Mapelastic cementitious mortar stays flexible down to -20 degrees centigrade, for protecting and waterproofing balconies, terraces, bathrooms and swimming pools.
Mapei Mapelastic is a two-component cementitious mortar, flexible down to -20 degrees centigrade, for protecting concrete surfaces and structures from environmental attack and for waterproofing balconies, terraces, bathrooms and swimming pools.
Mapelastic has excellent bonding properties to all concrete, masonry, ceramic and marble surfaces and resists the deteriorating effects of UV rays. Mapelastic is particularly effective for protecting concrete surfaces and structures which are located in areas with difficult climatic conditions, such as coastal areas with a saline rich atmosphere or industrial areas where the air is particularly polluted. Mapelastic will also protect concrete structures which may come into contact with seawater.
Mapelastic is ideal for waterproofing bathrooms, showers, balconies, terraces, swimming pools and concrete basins used for containing water. Mapelastic remains flexible at very low temperatures and can be applied on existing coverings such as ceramic, mosaic and natural stone coverings.
Use Mapei Mapelastic for waterproofing terraces, balconies and swimming pools; for covering existing floor coverings such as ceramic and porcelain tiles, clinker or terracotta, etc; for protection of cementitious renders and concrete pillars and beams such as road and railway viaducts.
Mapelastic is applied by spray gun with a lance fitting suitable for use with smoothing mortars at a minimum thickness not less than 2mm per layer to thoroughly cleaned and prepared surfaces. Thicker layers must be applied in several coats. Mapelastic can be used in conjunction with other Mapei repair and finishing products.
- Mapei Mapelastic is a two-component cementitious mortar
- More than 20 years experience and more than 300 million m2 of surfaces successfully waterproofed
- CE-certified product in compliance with EN 1504-2 and EN 14891
- Protects concrete surfaces from CO2 penetration for more than 50 years
- Resistant to UV rays and provides protection in difficult climatic conditions
- Flexible smoothing layer for concrete structures
- Suitable for road and railway pillars and beams
- 2.5mm of Mapelastic represents the equivalent of 30mm of concrete
- Excellent waterproofing properties
- Can be applied over existing floor coverings
- Can be used with a range of Mapei repair and finishing products
- Theoretical coverage approximately 1.7 - 2.2 Kg per mm of thickness
- Supplied in 16 Kg and 32 Kg units.