Mapetherm AR1 GG has been formulated for bonding all types of thermal-insulating panels such as foam/extruded polystyrene, foam polystyrene, mineral fibres, cork, wood fibres, etc. directly on to render, masonry and concrete on walls and ceilings.
One component water soluble cementitious mortar for bonding and levelling thermal-insulating panels and thermal insulation systems. Smoothing thermal-insulating panels with embedded fibreglass reinforcing mesh on internal and external walls (thermal insulation system).
Mapetherm AR1 GG is a grey or white powder made from cement, selected sand, synthetic resin and special additives with a fine grain size of up to 0.6 mm, developed according to a formula developed in MAPEI's own research laboratories. When mixed with water, it forms a mortar with the following characteristics, low viscosity and, therefore, good workability, high thixotropic consistency. Mapetherm AR1 GG may be applied on vertical surfaces without running and without the risk of insulating panels slipping, including large sized panels. Bonds perfectly to all materials normally used in the building industry and hardens without shrinking.
Bonding and smoothing internal and external heat-insulating panels and thermal insulation systems on:
- Cementitious render
- Lime-mortar render
- Concrete blocks
- Brick blocks.
Also suitable for bonding and smoothing systems for
- Insulating inside faces of walls in rooms above ground
- Insulating inside faces of retaining walls in basements
- Insulating inside faces of loft ceilings
- Insulating external faces of ventilated facades.
- Application temperature range from +5 degrees C. to +40 degrees C.
- pH of mix 13
- Pot life 3 hours
- Open time 20 minutes
- Adjustment time 40 minutes
- Waiting time before finishing minimum 3-4 days depending on RH values
- Tools and containers may be cleaned with water while Mapetherm AR1 GG is still fresh.
- Available in white or grey
- Packed in 25 kg paper sacks.