Sherwin Williams Macropoxy 1210 Epoxy Undercoat MIO is a 2 pack epoxy, pigmented with micaceous iron oxide used as an intermediate coat in conjunction with Sherwin Williams Macropoxy high performance primers on galvanised steel.
Sherwin Williams Macropoxy 1210 is best used as an intermediate coat in conjunction with Macropoxy high performance primers or used as a primer for painting galvanised steel.
Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contaminants. Galvanised substrates should be prepared via degreasing, mordant wash solution, or abrasion via sweep blasting.
Apply Macropoxy K267 with airless spray, conventional spray, brush or roller. Indefinitely overcoatable with epoxy systems provided the surface is suitably cleaned. Compatible with a wide range of Macropoxy, Dura-plate, Zinc Clad Epoxy Primers and Buildcoats.
Where a high degree of gloss and colour retention is required overcoating with Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237, Acrolon 1850 and Acrolon 7300 within 7 days at a minimum dft of 50 microns or in the case of Acrolon C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. These overcoating times refer to achievement of optimum adhesion at 23°C and will vary with temperature.
- BS476 Part 7 - Surface Spread of Flame - for details of substrates/scheme, consult our technical team
- Highways Agency Item No. 121
- Network Rail Item No. 7.2.2
- LuL APR No. 1649 - N9 Paint System for Galvanised Steel for application to new construction work within LU infrastructure to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life.
- Compatible with a wide range of Macropoxy, Dura-plate, Zinc Clad Epoxy Primers and Buildcoats
- Recommended Cleanser/Thinner: No5
- Pot Life: 3 hours at 15°C
- Dry Film Thickness: 100 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 6.6m2 per litre
- Average Drying Time: to touch 3 hours at 15°C, to recoat 6 hours at 15°C
- Available in Light Grey R8051, and Dark Grey R8050
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.