Owatrol Oleofloor Classic is a water borne oil, enriched with vegetable oil and combined with polyurethane resins to give a hard wearing, wet look finish to wood.
Owatrol Oleofloor Classic offers superior chemical and water resistance and is the perfect solution for kitchens and bathrooms, while being ideal for staircases, lounges and other similar rooms, where a natural finish is desired. Quick drying and easy to apply Oleofloor Classic is the solution where the quick turn round of a room is needed.
- Water borne oil - Environmentally friendly
- Non-yellowing. Pleasant odour
- Hardwearing - Enriched with vegetable oil, combined with modified polyurethane resins
- Heavy traffic formula - Hallways and kitchens
- Wet look finish. Gives warmth and depth to the wood
- Enhances and maintains the natural appearance of the wood
- Easy to apply. Quick drying
- Excellent penetration. Nourishes the wood
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and chemicals, including ammonia based products
- Water repellent - Ideal for bathrooms
- Does not require buffing or heavy and expensive application equipment
- Easy maintenance
Surfaces must be dry, clean, free of dirt, grease and other surface contamination including previous coatings. Owatrol Oleofloor Classic can only be applied to bare wood surfaces or a wood surface that was previously finished with Owatrol Oleofloor Classic. ALL other finishes MUST be completely and thoroughly removed.
Always clean meticulously with a vacuum cleaner after each sanding, including any dust traps (skirting, radiators, pipes, window sills, etc). Sand floor back to bare wood using appropriate system and abrasive grades, depending on condition of surface and wood species. Cracks of 2 mm wide or less should be filled with Owatrol Lianfloor and sanding resumed with 80 or 100 grit paper depending on the last grit used. Finish with finishing grade up to grit No. 120 or 150 depending on the wood species and thickness of wear layer.
For New Wood Surfaces
Degrease surface with denatured alcohol, acetone or similar solvent based product. Sand surface as instructed in “General Directions” above.
For Previously Treated Surfaces (Oiled or Polished):
Previously oiled or polished surfaces should be dry stripped with Owatrol CDKP 90. If, after stripping with Owatrol CDKP 90, the surface is in good condition and does not require sanding, neutralise with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or similar solvent based product before applying finish. If sanding is required, proceed as instructed in ”General Directions“.
For Previously Treated Surfaces (Paint, Stain, Varnish):
Remove existing finish by sanding or stripping with Owatrol CDKP 90. If, after stripping with Owatrol CDKP 90, the surface is in good condition and does not require sanding, neutralise with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or similar solvent based product before applying finish. If sanding is required after stripping with Owatrol CDKP 90 or removal of finish is done by sanding, proceed as instructed in ”General Directions“.
Apply 1 or 2 coats of Owatrol Oleofloor Classic depending on type of wood and foot traffic. Facing the light and starting opposite the door so as to work towards it, apply a first even and generous coat of Owatrol Oleofloor Classic. Start at the edge then do the entire surface, working in areas of 2m by 2m. Allow to dry for 4 hours depending on the ambient conditions. Apply 2nd coat if required. Do not leave more than 12 hours between application of the 1st and 2nd coat. Always maintain a wet edge to avoid overlaps.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol Oleofloor Classic is a satin-matt oil, designed for use on internal wooden substrates. Once applied, Oleofloor Classic offers great resistance to abrasion for use in areas exposed to large levels of foot trafficking on a daily basis. On top of this, Classic is very water repellent and works to resist all common spillages and mild chemicals for a finish that can be easily cleaned with most cleaning materials.
- Protecting and enhancing all interior wood work (floors, stairs, panelling,...).
- Ideal solution where the quick turn round of a room is needed.
- Satin-matt oil, based on modified polyurethane resins.
- Heavy traffic formula.
- Gives a deep, rich, warm feel to any wood.
- Pleasant odour. Oleofloor enhances the natural beauty of the wood.
- Easy to apply. Fast drying.
- Excellent penetration. Nourishes the wood.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and chemicals, including ammonia based products. Water repellent.
- Does not require buffing or heavy and expensive application equipment. Only first coat of Oleofloor CLassic can be tinted with a universal colourant (max. 3%). Always try a sample first.
- Easy maintenance.
WHERE TO USE
- Can be used on all soft and hardwoods including exotic hardwoods.
Ideal for :
- Normal traffic : bedrooms, lounges, bathrooms...
- Heavy traffic : corridors, stairs, dining rooms, kitchen....
- All wooden floors, new and old including parquet flooring, veneered flooring and staircases.
|VOC Content:||140 g/L|
|Suitable Substrates:||For internal wood|
|Application Method:||Short Pile Synthetic Roller, Synthetic Brush, Floor Applicator Pad, Float Coater|
|Theoretical Coverage:||15 - 20 m2 per litre per coat|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Touch Dry:||1 - 2 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 4 - 12 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||14 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean up with soap and water|
|Shelf Life:||1 year minimum year in its unopened original packaging|
|Packaging:||Available in 1, 2.5, 5 and 10 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.