Osmo Opaque Gloss Wood Stain (2104 White) is excellent at allowing the wood to breathe and allows moisture to evaporate preventing the Gloss Paint from blistering or peeling.
Osmo Opaque Gloss Wood Stain produces a white opaque finish based on natural oils that penetrate deeply into the wood. It provides you with amazing results as it aids to keep the woods elasticity and healthy look, all the while preventing it from getting dry and brittle. Because the wood is allowed to breathe, shrinking and shrelling is reduced dramatically.
Opaque Gloss Wood Stain is best used on all kinds of timber joinery, for example window frames, and is suitable for use internally and externally. Osmo Opaque Gloss Wood Stain is excellent at allowing the wood to breathe. It allows moisture to evaporate preventing the Gloss from blistering or peeling. Fences, Gates, Sheds, Green Houses and Garage Doors are other examples of products that you can use Gloss Wood Stain on.
- Extremely weather and UV resistant
- Suitable for interior and exterior framework
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Natural wood grain is hidden
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Osmo Opaque Gloss Wood Stain doesn't need to be thinned before use but should be stirred thoroughly. Apply using paint brush for a neat, smooth application. Make sure the surface is clean, dry and free from contaminants. 2 coats of Wood Stain is required and in some cases 3, if the surface is dark.
Surface & Environment
The clue is in the name as this product has been specially designed for painting wood. We wouldn't recommend buying this specifically to paint metal, or plastics but if you have any left over after a project then it works just as well as some other average Paints. Osmo have designed this Paint to be extremely weather and UV resistant so is perfect for outside renovations.
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For new oily or exotic wood species, please allow approx. three months exposure to the outside elements prior to application
- Over application can increase the drying times
- If additional protection against blue stain, rot and mildew is desired, pre-treat with Osmo WR Base Coat
- Due to the high oil content, the coating has a light yellowing effect when used on darker interior surfaces.
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
|Type:||Microporous wood finish|
|Finish:||Opaque lightly satin-gloss|
|Stock Colours:||2104 White|
|VOC Content:||300 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||All wood in indoor and outdoor areas, e.g. doors, roof soffits, fences etc.|
|Application Method:||Osmo Flat Brush or Microfibre Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 20 m² with one coat.|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Fully Cured:||Approx. 10-12 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Do not thin. Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner|
|Shelf Life:||Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5 Litres|