Osmo 429 is the first natural clear microporous UV-Protection Oil formulated to enhance and retain the natural, untreated appearance of lighter timbers such as Pine, Larch, Oak and other pale coloured timbers.
Osmo 429 is natural oil based and microporous finish which has been formulated not to crack, flake, peel or blister. It is water and dirt resistant, moisture regulating and will therefore reduces wood swelling and shrinkage of the timber.
Osmo 429 has been specifically formulated to enhance and retain the natural, untreated appearance of lighter timbers such as Pine, Larch, Oak and other pale coloured timbers. It is advised not to apply Osmo 429 to dark exotic hardwoods as it can result in a 'milky' finish or appearance.
Osmo 429 is ideal for application to exterior timber joinery such as timber cladding, window frames, windowsills, external doors, carports, balcony, screens & fences, pergolas, garden houses, furniture and more.
Osmo UV Protection Oil 429 has been designed to combat UV degradation the cause of greying on timber as well as reducing water damage on exterior wood.
Osmo 429 Natural UV Protection oil ihas been formulated for use on vertical exterior surfaces including timber cladding, fencing, doors and windows andis also suitable as a topcoat over horizontal coloured finishes.
Exterior timber naturally turns grey or silver over time as a result of exposure to water and UV rays from the sun. Osmo UV protection oil 429 protects timber from water and UV damage, extending the natural colour of the timber and the structure of the wood for longer.
- Extremely water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Osmo 410 Clear is safe for humans, plants and animals once dry
- Osmo 429 contains niocides which actively resist the growth of algae, mildew and fungal attack
- Osmo 429 is microporous producing a breathable finish
- Does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications.
- Osmo 429 has a theoretical coverage of 16-18m2 per litre with one coat
- Coverage will be significantly less on rough sawn wood
- Number of coats required 2
- Application temperature: +5 degrees C to 35 degrees C.
- Drying time approximately 12hrs
- Available in 0.75 and 2.5 litres.