Osmo 429 is the first natural clear micro porous UV-Protection Oil formulated to enhance and retain the natural, untreated appearance of lighter timbers such as Pine, Larch, Oak and other pale coloured timbers.
Osmo 429 is natural oil based and micro porous finish which has been formulated not to crack, flake, peel or blister. It is water and dirt resistant, moisture regulating and will therefore reduces wood swelling and shrinkage of the timber.
Osmo 429 has been specifically formulated to enhance and retain the natural, untreated appearance of lighter timbers such as Pine, Larch, Oak and other pale coloured timbers. It is advised not to apply Osmo 429 to dark exotic hardwoods as it can result in a 'milky' finish or appearance.
Osmo 429 is ideal for application to exterior timber joinery such as timber cladding, window frames, windowsills, external doors, carports, balcony, screens & fences, pergolas, garden houses, furniture and more.
Osmo UV Protection Oil Extra 429 has been designed to combat UV degradation the cause of greying on timber as well as reducing water damage on exterior wood.
Osmo 429 Natural UV Protection oil Extra has been formulated for use on vertical exterior surfaces including timber cladding, fencing, doors and windows and is also suitable as a topcoat over horizontal coloured finishes.
Exterior timber naturally turns grey or silver over time as a result of exposure to water and UV rays from the sun. Osmo UV protection oil 429 protects timber from water and UV damage, extending the natural colour of the timber and the structure of the wood for longer.
- Extremely water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Osmo 410 Clear is safe for humans, plants and animals once dry
- Osmo 429 contains niocides which actively resist the growth of algae, mildew and fungal attack
- Osmo 429 is micro porous producing a breathable finish
- Does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications.
- Osmo 429 UV Protection Oil Extra has a theoretical coverage of 16-18m2 per litre with one coat
- Coverage will be significantly less on rough sawn wood
- Number of coats required 2
- Application temperature: +5 degrees C to 35 degrees C.
- Drying time approximately 12hrs
- Available in 0.75 and 2.5 litres.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.