Osmo Polyx® Oil Anti Slip - 3089 Clear Satin (R11 Rating) is suitable for interior wooden flooring where a high anti slip resistance is required such as bathrooms, kitchens, ramps and wooden sloped surfaces.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Anti Slip - 3089 Clear Satin (R11 Rating) uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Resistant to dirt and water abrasion, this coating will enhance the grip qualities of your wood without compromising on looks.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Anti Slip - 3089 Clear Satin (R11 Rating) is ideal for stairs, hallways or other areas where a high slip rating is required. Formulated for use with floors made from solid wood, such as plankwood flooring, blockstrip, OSB and cork where enhanced slip resistance is required. Osmo Polyx® Oil Anti Slip - 3089 Clear Satin (R11 Rating) will provide a fine texture suitable for barefoot and delicate pets paws. Suitable for wood floors only, this microporous surface does not crack, peel, flake or blister. Suitable for kitchens and resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A without any water spots. Also suitable for coating wooden children toys as per EN 71.3.
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost free with a moisture content under 18%. Do not thin. Stir well before use. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. Fill any small cracks, larger joints or holes with Osmo Wood Filler. Sand wood as per data sheets. Apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush, Osmo Microfibre Roller or Osmo Floor Brush 150 mm, and spread well. Allow to dry for approx. 8-10 hours with good ventilation. After drying, quickly apply a second coat also thinly. When renovating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient. Note: Osmo Polyx® Oil Anti Slip - Satin Matt 3089 (R11 Rating) cannot be evened out with a single disc machine with a white pad.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- Finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- R11 Slip Rating: Pendulum Test Value PTV of between 34-51 meaning a safe low slip potential in both wet and dry
- Ideal for Ramps and Sloped Wooden Flooring
- Hardwax-oil finish retains the natural character of the wood, is microporous and does not crack, flake, peel or blister.
- Hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture
- For exotic hardwood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin 1101
- Clear oils can darken the appearance of the wood. To retain the light character of the wood, use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Recommended application quantity is 35ml per m2
- Application of second coat can be done as soon as the first coat has dried. However, it is important to wait approx. 24hrs when applying colour for the first coat, before applying Osmo Polyx®-Oil Anti-Slip as the clear top coat.
- For an even smoother surface, use Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- Suitable for Commercial and Public Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Application requires two coats applied wet on wet
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
|Type:||Based on natural plant oils and waxes|
|Stock Colours:||3089 Clear|
|VOC Content:||500 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||Interior wood floors|
|Application Method:||Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush or Microfibre Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Touch Dry:||Approx. 8-10 hours at 23°C|
|Fully Cured:||2-3 weeks at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner|
|Shelf Life:||Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly|
|Packaging:||Available in 750ml and 2.5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.