Owatrol Marine Strip has been specially formulated as a solvent free gel stripper for paint, varnish and antifouling, removing up to 8 coats of paint in one go.
Owatrol Marine Strip will remove varnish, stains and anti-fouling from all surfaces such as wood, plastic, GRP and metal although it is not suitable for use on aluminum surfaces. Marine Strip is not effective on polyurethane paint and varnish, 2 component paints or baked-on paints and enamels. Once applied under normal conditions it will not dry but will remain active for up to 12 hours and can be easily washed off with water and a jet washer.
Marine Strip is supplied as a gel consistency making it much easier when applying to vertical surfaces as it resists sagging, dripping and running off making it ideal for use on Gelcoat boat hulls and other vertical surfaces as well as stripping inticate details. Marine Strip is VOC free and non flammable, so making it safe for use in poorly ventilated or confined areas.
Average Working Time which will vary depending on coating to be removed but for alkyd/oil based finishes usually 1 coat 10-15 mins, 2 coats, 10-30 mins, 3 coats, 15-45 mins.
- Ideal Uses for Marine Paint Stripper reviving the gelcoat on your boat
- Use Owatrol Marine Strip for stripping old paint from metal fixtures
- Useful Information
- Stripping peeling paint or varnish from handrails
- Removing wood stain from boat decks
- Application by brush or roller
- Suitable for exterior use
- For cleaning use water
- Remains active for up to 12 hours
- Coverage: 4m2 per litre
- Available in 1 litre bottle.