Mapei Plastimul is an easy to use general purpose bitumen waterproofing emulsion for cold waterproofing masonry and concrete vertical and sloping surfaces.
Plastimul is a solvent-free paste consisting of selected water-emulsified bitumens, special fine-graded aggregates and additives which form a waterproof plastic coating. Plastimul has a thixotropic consistency making it easy to use on flat, curved, vertical and sloping surfaces.
Plastimul can be used for waterproofing structures below ground level such as foundations, man-made tunnels and underpasses. When completely dry Plastimul will resist re-emulsifying after prolonged immersion in water, even when slightly acid or alkaline and will resists aggressive agents present in soil.
Formulated as a general purpose easy to use bitumen emulsion, Plastimul can be used for waterproofing foundations, bearing walls, underground tunnels and underpasses.
Plastimul is applied by paint brush, roller or spray to a thoroughly cleaned and prepared surface. Two coats of Plastimul are recommended with a final dry thickness of at least 3mm. Plastimul can be diluted with 45-50% water as a primer coat.
- General purpose waterproofing emulsion
- Contains water-emulsified bitumens
- Easy to use
- Forms a waterproof plastic coating
- Suitable for concrete and masonry substrates and underground structures
- Suitable for flat, curved, vertical and sloping surfaces
- Theoretical coverage 1.7 Kg per square metre per mm thickness
- Available in 12 Kg and 30 Kg.