Osmo Polyx® Oil Original provides the most hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Original is resistant to dirt, water and abrasion and smoothens the surface. In comparison to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates a more evenly coloured and more harmonious appearance. Simple application – without primer or intermediate sanding – this saves time and money.
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original is ideal for protecting all wooden floors, such as solid wood and plankwood flooring, blockstrip, OSB and cork floors, as well as furniture.
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Incredibly water and dirt resistant
- Enhances the wood's natural character
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max 18%). Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill
small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler). Apply thinly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush, Osmo Microfibre Roller or Osmo Floor Brush 150 mm, and spread well. Allow to dry for approx. 8-10 hours with good ventilation. After drying, quickly apply a second coat also thinly. When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient. Wood surfaces treated with Polyx®-Oil are easy to maintain. Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) mop.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- Clear oils can darken the appearance of the wood. To retain the light character of the wood please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect 3044 Raw.
- Some woods are highly porous and require an especially thin application, as a result the drying time can be increased.
- Application of second coat can be done as soon as the first coat has dried. However, it is important to wait approx. 24hrs when applying colour for the first coat, before applying Polyx®-Oil as the clear top coat.
- Recommended application is 35ml per m2
- For exotic hardwood species use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 24 m2 per litre with one coat
- Requires 2 coats
- Application Temperature: Between 5°C and 35°C
- Drying Time: 8-10 hours at 23°C
- Curing Time: 2-3 weeks to complete hardening
- Available in 3011 Clear Gloss, 3032 Clear Satin, 3062 Clear Matt and 3065 Clear Semi-Matt
- Available in 2.5 and 10 Litres