Osmo Wood Oil Stain provides the most hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture.
Osmo Oil Stain is resistant to dirt, water and abrasion and smoothens the surface. In comparison to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates a more evenly coloured and more harmonious appearance. The necessary clear top coat is to be carried out with a clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original.
Osmo Oil Stain is ideal as a coloured primer for all wooden floors, such as solid wood and plank flooring, blockstrip, OSB and cork flooring, as well as stairs and furniture.
- Especially fast drying and curing
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Attractive colour tones, transparent or intensive
- Specifically for commercial use
- Suitable for all woods including exotic woods
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Oil Stain is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler). Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P220-240.
Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum. The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
When Transparent Colour Is Required:
Apply very thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain with Osmo Double Blade Scraper, Osmo Microfibre Roller or Osmo Floor Brush 150 mm, and massage into the wood with a white pad. Allow to dry for approx. 12 hours with good ventilation.
When An Intensive Colour Is Required:
If a stronger colour intensity is desired, apply very thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain with Osmo Microfibre Roller or Osmo Floor Brush150 mm, and spread well.
With an unused Microfibre Roller, any brushstrokes can be removed within 30 minutes after application. Allow for good ventilation while drying.
For smaller areas, e.g. furniture:
Osmo Oil Stain can be applied with a lint-free cloth. After thoroughly drying, a top coat should be carried out with a clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times
- Apply one coat for a transparent colour tone, or apply a second coat for an intensive colour tone to show less of the grain
- A top coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil 2K is always required
- If you prefer the look of untreated wood or to retain the light character of the wood please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw
- Osmo Oil Stain can be used to colour Osmo Spray-Wax. Simply add up to 30% content into Spray-Wax can and stir thoroughly
|Type:||Based on natural plant oils|
|Stock Colours:||3501 White, 3512 Silver Grey, 3514 Graphite, 3516 Jatoba, 3518 Lt Grey, 3519 Natural, 3541 Havanna, 3543 Cognac, 3564 Tobacco, 3590 Black|
|VOC Content:||max. 500 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||All wooden floors, such as solid wood, plank, strip OSB and cork flooring, as well as stairs and furniture surfaces. Interior use.|
|Application Method:||Osmo Floor Brush or Microfibre Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 24-48 m² with one coat. Coverage depends on porosity of wood|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Odour:||Faint / Mild|
|Application Temperature:||Over 5°C|
|Drying Time:||Approx 12 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner|
|Shelf Life:||Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly.|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.