Osmo Interior Wax is a quick drying, white interior wood finish. Transparent shade allows the wood grain and character to be visible while the opaque shade hides this with a solid white colour.
Osmo Interior Wax does not crack, flake, peel or blister. Water repellent and dirt resistant. New finishing system is easy to maintain and renovate.
Osmo Interior-Wax is suitable as a protection and decorative finish of interior wood: wall and ceiling panelling, moulding and beams as well as furniture, door
and children’s toys. It is also suitable for recoating and repairing wood that has been factory finished with Osmo Interior-Wax White Transparent (7393) or White
Opaque (7394) and for recoating old ceiling panelling.
- Slip resistance for added safety
- Especially for public and commercial use
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%, apply at min. +10° C). Osmo Interior-Wax is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler). Wood treated with Osmo Interior-Wax generally only needs cleaning and recoating.
The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar
Apply using Osmo Natural Bristle Brush Aqua or Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply thinly and quickly length by length along the wood grain and spread well. Allow for good ventilation while drying for 3-4 hours. If necessary, sand surface with fine sandpaper (P 360) before applying the second coat. After drying, quickly apply a second coat also thinly. When renovating, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For exotic wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin
- Wood surface must be untreated for the first application of Osmo Interior-Wax
- Simple application – without primer or intermediate sanding – this saves time and money
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Coverage depends on porousity of wood
- Application Temperature: Over 5°C
|Type:||Based on a polymer dispersion and waxes|
|Finish:||Transparent or Opaque|
|Stock Colours:||7393 White Transparent or 7394 White Opaque|
|VOC Content:||90 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||Interior wood, furniture, doors, childrens toys|
|Application Method:||Osmo Flat Brush or Microfibre Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 16 m² with one coat|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Fully Cured:||Approx 3-4 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Do not thin. Clean tools with soap and water|
|Shelf Life:||Up to 2 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly|
|Packaging:||Available in 750ml and 2.5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.