PPG PhenGuard 930 is a two component, high build, amine adduct cured, phenolic, epoxy primer designed for providing the foundation in the PhenGuard tank coating system.
PhenGuard 930 offers excellent adhesion ready for the appliances of other PhenGuard topcoats.
PPG PhenGuard 930 is part of the vast range of SigmaGuard coatings, offering excellent resistance to a wide range of organic acids, alcohols, edible oils, fats and solvents and works to resist corrosion with maximum cargo flexibility, offering low cargo absorption.
PPG PhenGuard 930 can be applied easily and effectively using airless spray and has quick drying time of just 2 hours to touch. You must leave the product for 36 hours before applying a second coat, which is not always necessary, although is highly recommended in order to achieve the perfect finish.
Surface and Environment
PPG PhenGuard 930 has been specifically designed as a tank coating system that works to resist a variety of chemicals and is especially good at protecting the surface against hot water. PhenGuard 930 has fantastic application properties and works excellently at adhering to the surface in order to produce a smooth finish.
- A two component high build amine adduct cured phenolic epoxy primer.
- Primer coat in the Phenguard tank coating system.
- Excellent resistance to a wide range of organic acids, alcohols, edible oils, fats (regardless of free fatty acid content) and solvents.
- Maximum cargo flexibility.
- Low cargo absorption.
- Good resistance to hot water.
- Recognized corrosion control coating (Lloyd's register), see sheet 1886.
- Good application properties, resulting in a smooth surface.
- Theoretical spreading rate 6.6 m2 per litre at 100 microns.
- Touch dry after 2 hours.
- Overcoating interval min. 36 hours, max. 21 days.
- Curing time see curing table
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres