PPG PhenGuard 940 is a two component, high build, amine adduct cured, phenolic, epoxy primer designed for providing the finishing coat in the PhenGuard tank coating system.
PhenGuard 940 offers excellent adhesion when applied to the surface layer of PhenGuard 935.
PPG PhenGuard 940 is part of the large range of SigmaGuard coatings, offering excellent resistance to a wide range of organic acids, alcohols, edible oils, fats and solvents and works to resist corrosion with maximum cargo flexibility, offering low cargo absorption.
PPG PhenGuard 940 can be applied easily and effectively using airless spray and has quick drying time of just 2 hours to touch. You must leave the product for 24 hours before applying a second coat, which is not always necessary, although is highly recommended in order to achieve the perfect finish.
Surface and Environment
PPG PhenGuard 940 has been specifically designed as a tank coating system that works to resist a variety of chemicals and is especially good at protecting the surface against hot water. PhenGuard 940 has fantastic application properties and works excellently at adhering to the surface in order to produce a smooth final finish.
- A two component high build amine adduct cured phenolic epoxy finish.
- Finish coat in the Phenguard tankcoating system.
- Excellent resistance to a wide range of organic acids, alcohols, edible oils, fats (regardless of free fatty acid content) and solvents.
- Maximum cargo flexibility.
- Low cargo absorption.
- Good resistance to hot water.
- Recognized corrosion control coating (Lloyd's register), see sheet 1886.
- Good application properties, resulting in a smooth surface.
- Easy to clean.
- Theoretical spreading rate 6.6 m2 per litre at 100 microns
- Touch dry after 2 hours.
- Overcoating interval min. 24 hours, max. 21 days.
- Curing time see curing table.
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres
|Type:||High Build Amine Adduct Cured Novolac Phenolic Epoxy|
|Stock Colours:||Light Grey|
|VOC Content:||315.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For tank lining|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Air Atomised Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||6.6 m2 per litre at 100 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||100 microns|
|Induction Time:||15 minutes at 20°C|
|Pot Life:||4 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||2 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||Between 24 hours and 21 days at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||10 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||PPG Thinner 91-92|
|Shelf Life:||12 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 and 20 Litres|