PPG SigmaCover 566 is a flat grey acrylic tie coat which provides adhesion to major coil coated substrates. With excellent resistance to high impact and thermal stress.
PPG SigmaCover 566 is a two component high build epoxy acrylic tie coat containing inert pigment and extenders, which aid the protection of sound coil coated sheets. Available in Grey Matt for a long lasting, high performance finish.
PPG SigmaCover 566 is a flat grey product best used to provide adhesion to major coil coated substrates including sound PVC Plastisol, PVDF, Polyester, Silicon Polyester, Polyurethane and Galbestos. SigmaCover 566 can also be used over Weathered PVC Plastisol, providing the surface is clean, dry and all contaminants have been removed.
PPG SigmaCover 566 can be applied using a brush, roller or airless spray and offers users a fast drying time of 1 hour, reaching full cure after just 3 hours. SigmaCover 566 has a theoretical coverage rate of 8.6m sq. per litre, on average; depending on the surface in question. The product is easy to apply, after the components have been mixed together and thoroughly stirred. When using a sprayer, you should use Thinner 91-92 for best results.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 566 offers good resistance to thermal stress, making it suitable for use in a variety of industrial and commercial exposures. Will bend with the surface without cracking or flaking, due to it's excellent flexibility. SigmaCover 566 also has a high impact resistance.
- PPG SigmaCover 566 epoxy acrylic tie coat
- Colour: Grey-flat
- Two component high build epoxy acrylic tie coat containing inert pigment and extenders
- To be used over sound coil coated sheet
- Easy application by brush/roller and (airless) spray
- Provides excellent adhesion to major coil coated substrate including sound PVC plastisol, PVDF, polyester, silicon polyester, polyurethane and galbestos
- Excellent adhesion to weathered PVC plastisol
- High impact resistance and flexibility
- Good resistance to thermal stress
- Long pot life but quick drying
- Available in 4 litres