PPG SigmaCover 555 (previously Sigmacover 525) is an anti-corrosive topcoat providing a water resistant, anti-fouling barrier, which is abrasion and impact resistant.
PPG SigmaCover 555 is a two component polyamide cured epoxy tiecoat designed to provide an end product to epoxy underwater anti-corrosive systems.
PPG SigmaCover 555 is best used to provide a decorative, black topcoat for underwater protective systems and can be used over traditional anti-fouling primers to offer excellent water resistance, It is abrasion and impact resistant.
PPG SigmaCover 555 can be applied using spray, roller or brush and is touch dry after 8 hours. SigmaCover 555 has a theoretical coverage rate of 8.2m2 per litre and is available in 20 litre containers. Perfect for large marine projects.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 555 can be used on a variety of surfaces and is designed to be use under water and in marine applications. Use this high quality black paint on boats and yachts, below the water line, or surfaces in marine environments, providing excellent water protection.
- PPG SigmaCover 555
- Available in Black
- Two component polyamide cured epoxy tiecoat
- Final coat in epoxy underwater anticorrosive systems
- Epoxy tie coat for use with Sigma antifoulings, as specified
- Excellent water resistance
- Good abrasion and impact resistance
- Theoretical spreading rate 8.2 m sq. per litre at 75 microns, 4.9 m sq. per litre at 125 microns
- Touch dry after 8 hours
- Overcoating interval minimum: 12 hours, maximum: 14 days
- Full cure after 14 days
- Available in 20 litres.