PPG SigmaLine 2500 is a two component solvent free amine cured phenolic epoxy coating designed to prove a one coat system for pipe externals. SigmaLine 2500 dries to form a glossy and smooth finish in dark brown.
PPG SigmaLine 2500 has been designed to offer protection and decoration to the external of pipes and is extremely suitable for bell holing jobs. This product has been manufactured as a multi purpose substance to offer quality, protective finishes to a variety of steel coatings, with fast curing times when applied to pre heated surfaces.
PPG SigmaLine 2500 should be applied using a heavy duty twin feed hot airless spray to produce a smooth glossy finish with a theoretical coverage rate of 1.7m2 per litre, per coat. SigmaLine 2500 is touch dry after 30 minutes at 60 degrees celsius, and reaches full cure after 3 hours at the same temperature.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaLine 2500 has been specifically designed for use on steel substrates that have been blasted ready for a protective, decorative coating. 2500 can be applied to surfaces with a temperature of up to 90° celsius and works to reduce the risk of fire and explosions in confined, hot environments.
- Two component solvent free amine cured phenolic epoxy coating
- One coat system direct to metal for pipe externals
- Excellent resistance to cathodic protection
- Glossy and smooth appearance
- Reduced explosion risk and fire hazard
- Fast curing especially when applied to preheated substrates
- Can be applied to rotating pipes at a dry film thickness (dft) up to 600 µm at a substrate temperature up to 90
- Colour: Dark Brown
- Available in 20 Litres.