PPG SigmaZinc 109 HS is a two component zinc rich polyamide formally Amercoat 68G.
Can also serve as a holding primer for various maintenance systems when a short over coating interval is required. Highways Agency Number Item No.109
PPG SigmaZinc 109 HS is primarily used as an undercoating that be be painted over with a variety of different Zinc Epoxy Topcoats and systems with high solids epoxy build coats offering excellent corrosion preventing properties with quick drying times that can be over coated in short intervals
PPG SigmaZinc 109 HS can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray and offers an ultra fast drying time of just 2.5 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius, that can be overcoated after just 4 hours. SigmaZinc 109 HS Zinc Rich Epoxy Primer has a theoretical coverage rate of 11-12 square metres per litre and when dry produces a flat grey finish.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaZinc 109 HS is suitable for use on steel and blasted steel in a variety of different environments including, industrial, construction and commercial and works to prevent a whole host of different steel structures and appliances from corrosion and water damage.
- Highways Agency Number Item No.109
- Complies with SSPC-Paint 20 and ISO 12944.5
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C5-M High at 75 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C5-M High at 60 microns DFT
- Two component high solids poly amide adduct cured zinc epoxy primer
- Designed as a system primer for various paint systems
- Excellent anti corrosive properties
- Quick drying, can be over-coated after a short interval
- Can serve as a holding primer for various maintenance systems for a total repair
- Very good primer for systems with high solids epoxy build coats
- Touch Dry: 2.5 hours at 20°C
- Over-coating Interval: min. 4 hours, max. several months
- Full Cure: 7 days
- Theoretical spreading rate 11.0 sq m per litre
- Colour: Reddish Grey
- Available in 8 Litres