PPG SigmaZinc 160 s a two component moisture curing inorganic zinc silicate primer offers curing even at low temperatures and is touch dry after just 30 minutes at 20 degrees celsius.
PPG SigmaZinc 160 is a two component moisture curing inorganic zinc silicate primer designed as an anti corrosive primer for structural steel. SigmaZinc 160 is primarily based on zinc paste and clear binder that works to produce a greenish grey finish.
PPG SigmaZinc 160 works using a galvanic action that works to eliminate sub film corrosion and is is suitably used as a system undercoat in various paint systems based on unsaponifiable binders. Due to it's toughness and strong nature, SigmaZinc 160 can withstand extreme conditions to as low as -90 degrees celsius and up to 400 degrees under normal atmospheric conditions.
PPG SigmaZinc 160 offers curing even at low temperatures and is touch dry after just 30 minutes at 20 degrees celsius. Drying times will be significantly longer under low temperatures but still cures in the same manner. Providing you leave an interval of 12 hours before you apply a second coating, you will be offered a theoretical coverage rate of 8.7m2 per litre when applied by brush, roller or spray.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaZinc 160 can be used internally or externally in extreme conditions and works to provide the best anti corrosion protective coating to structural steel in an industrial or construction based environment.
- PPG SigmaZinc 160 a 2 component moisture curing inorganic zinc (ethyl) silicate primer
- Anti-corrosive primer for structural steel
- Two component product consisting of clear binder and zinc paste
- Suitable as a system primer in various paint systems based on unsaponifiable binders
- Galvanic action eliminates sub film corrosion
- Highways Agency Item No.155
- Can withstand substrate temperatures from -90 degrees C up to +400 degrees C, under normal atmospheric exposure conditions.
- When suitably topcoated provides excellent corrosion protection for steel substrates up to +500 degrees C.
- Good low temperature curing.
- Good impact and abrasion resistance.
- Complies with SSPC Paint 20
- Theoretical spreading rate 8.7 m2 per litre at 75 microns
- Touch dry after 30min at 20° C.
- Overcoating interval min. 12 hours, max. unlimited, zinc salts must be removed
- Curing time 12 hours.