PPG SigmaZinc 158 is impact and abrasion resistant, withstand temperatures of up to 400 degrees celsius as well as freezing temperatures down to -90 degrees celsius, the overall system can resist heats of up to 520 degrees celsius.
PPG SigmaZinc 158 is a two component moisture curing zinc ethyl silicate primer that offers anticorrosive protection to structural steel and is suitable for use as a system primer in various different paint systems based on unsaponifiable binders.
PPG SigmaZinc 158 offers excellent resistance to impact, abrasion and heat and works to withstand temperatures of up to 400 degrees celsius under normal atmospheric conditions as well as freezing temperatures down to -90 degrees celsius. When used with the right topcoat, the overall system can resist heats of up to 520 degrees celsius.
PPG SigmaZinc 158 can be applied using spray, brush or roller and offers excellently fast drying properties to minimise downtime in working environments. SigmaZinc 158 is touch dry after just 30 minutes and can be overcoated after an interval of 12 hours has elapsed.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaZinc 158 is designed for used as a priming coating on structural steel and is highly protective in conditions and environments where protection to the surface is of high importance to prevent damages occurring. If you require more information on the uses of this product then please contact our technical support team who will be more than happy to help you.
- PPG SigmaZinc 160
- Available in grey
- Two component moisture curing zinc (ethyl) silicate primer
- Anti corrosive primer for structural steel
- Suitable as a system primer in various paint systems based on unsaponifiable binders
- Galvanic action eliminates sub film corrosion
- Can withstand substrate temperatures from -90 degrees C up to +400 degrees C, under normal atmospheric exposure conditions
- When suitably topcoated provides excellent corrosion protection for steel substrates up to +520 degrees C.
- Good low temperature curing
- Good impact and abrasion resistance
- Must not be exposed to alkaline (more than pH 9) or acidic (less than pH 5.5) liquids
- Certificate for ASTM A-490 class 'B' for slip coefficient
- Complies with SSPC-Paint 20
- Theoretical spreading rate 8.7 m2 per litre at 75 microns
- Touch dry after 30 min. at 20 degrees C.
- Overcoating interval min. 12 hours, max. unlimited, zinc salts must be removed
- Curing time 12 hours
- Available in 18.5 Litres.