This product is no longer available. Please see SIGMA ZINC 109HS or call our technical team on 01462 421333 for alternatives.
PPG SigmaZinc 109 is a two component zinc rich polyamide Can also serve as a holding primer for various maintenance systems when a short overcoating interval is required.
PPG SigmaZinc 109 is primarily used as an undercoating that be be painted over with a variety of different Zinc Epoxy Topcoats and offers excellent corrosion preventing properties with quick drying times that can be overcoated in short intervals
PPG SigmaZinc 109 can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray and offers an ultra fast drying time of just 10 minutes at 20 degrees celsius, that can be overcoated after just 6 hours. SigmaZinc 109 Zinc Rich Epoxy Primer has a theoretical coverage rate of 11-12m2 per litre and when dry produces a flat grey finish.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaZinc 109 is suitable for use on steel and blasted steel in a variety of different environments including, industrial, construction and commercial and works to prevent a whole host of different steel structures and appliances from corrosion and water damage.
- Colour Grey
- Two component zinc rich polyamide cured epoxy primer
- Designed as a system primer for various paint systems
- Good corrosion prevention properties
- Quick drying, can be overcoated after a short interval
- Topcoats must be unsaponifiable
- Certificate for welding: see sheet 1880
- Complies with SSPC-Paint 20 and ISO 12944.5.
- Theoretical spreading rate 11.5 sq m per litre
- Touch dry after 10 min at 20 degrees Celsius
- Overcoating interval min. 6 hours, max. several months
- Curing time 7 days
- Available in 8 litres