PPG SigmaZinc 9 is a two component moisture curing zinc (ethyl) silicate primer with a high zinc content, for structural steel, uses galvanic action to eliminate sub film corrosion and is suitably used as a primer for systems based on unsaponifiable binders.
PPG SigmaZinc 9 (formerly SigmaZinc 170 and Ameron Dimetcote 9) is a two component moisture curing zinc (ethyl) silicate primer with a high zinc content, designed to provide a protective coating to structural steel. Once applied, this product dries, to form a grey, flat finish that offers excellent resistance in varying conditions. Complies with the compositional requirments of SSPC Paint 20, Level 1.
PPG SigmaZinc 9 works using a galvanic action that works to eliminate sub film corrosion and is suitably used as a system primer in various paint systems based on unsaponifiable binders. Due to its toughness and strong nature, SigmaZinc 9 can withstand impact and high levels of abrasion.
PPG SigmaZinc 9 offers curing even at low temperatures and is touch dry after just 30 minutes at 20 degrees celsius. Drying times will be significantly longer under low temperatures but still cures in the same manner. Providing you leave an interval of 36 hours before you apply a second coating, you will be offered a theoretical coverage rate of 8.4m2 per litre when applied by brush, roller or spray.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaZinc 9 (formerly SigmaZinc 170 and Dimetcote 9) can be used internally or externally in extreme conditions and works to provide a solid anti corrosion protective coating to structural steel in an industrial or construction based environment as well as offering excellent abrasion and impact resistance to protect the surface.
- PPG SigmaZinc 9 (formerly SigmaZinc 170 and Dimetcote 9)
- Available in Grey
- Two component moisture curing zinc (ethyl) silicate coating
- Anti-corrosive primer for structural steel
- High zinc content resulting in excellent corrosion protection
- Complies with SSPC-Paint 20 Level 1
- Suitable as a system primer in various paint systems based on unsaponifiable binders
- Galvanic action eliminates sub film corrosion
- Good low temperature curing
- Good impact and abrasion resistance
- Must not be exposed to alkaline (more than pH 9) or acidic (less than pH 5.5) liquids
- Theoretical spreading rate 8.4 m2 per litre at 75 microns
- Touch dry after 15 min. at 20 Degrees C.
- Overcoating interval min. 16 hours, max. unlimited, zinc salts must be removed
- Curing time 12 hours
- Available in 10 Litres.