PPG Steelguard 554 is a one component, thin-film, solvent borne, intumescent coating designed for providing fire protection to structural steelwork in an industrial environment.
PPG Steelguard 554 has been tested to national and international standards and can be used in dry, internal environments without the use of a protective topcoat. Steelguard 554 is an excellent fire resistant product that provides up to 120 minutes of protection from cellulosic fires and provides surface with 12 months of weather resistance, when a topcoat isn't used, providing the structure isn't immersed in water or exposed to high humidity.
PPG Steelguard 554 can be applied using airless spray for optimum performance and a brush should only be used for touch ups and small tricky areas. Steelguard 554 should not be applied below 5 degrees or above 50 degrees celsius, otherwise it may not adhere to the surface properly. With quick drying time 554 is dry in just 30 minutes and can be recoated after 6 hours in conditions of around 20 degrees celsius.
Surface and Environment
PPG Steelguard 554 can be used of on-site or off-site application and when dry produces a high quality, white matt, protective coating that can be used internally or externally to ensure that structural steel has the utmost protection from the risk of fire.
- Available in 20 litres
- Colour White
- One component thin-film solvent borne intumescent coating for fi re protection of structural steelwork
- Provides 120 minutes protection from cellulosic fires
- Off-site or on-site application
- Up to 1500 ?m dft in a single coat
- Suitable for C1 to C4 internal and external environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no topcoat is required
- Weather resistant up to 12 months without topcoat provided the coating has been applied in accordance with Information Sheet 1222 and is not subject to running or pooling water, hot high humidity or immersion
- Tested to BS 476 and certifi ed with the national requirements
- Theoretical spreading rate 1.07 sq m/l for 700 microns
- Touch dry after 30 minutes.
- Overcoating interval min. 6 hours with itself, min. 48 hours with suitable topcoat, max. unlimited