PPG Steelguard 549 (FM549) is a one component thin-film solvent borne intumescent coating designed for providing a fire protective coating to structural steelwork in an industrial environment.
PPG Steelguard FM549 has been tested to national and international standards and can be used in dry, internal environments without the use of a protective topcoat. Steelguard FM549 is an excellent fire resistant product that provides up to 2 hours of protection from cellulosic fires.
PPG Steelguard 549 can be applied using airless spray for optimum performance and a brush should only be used for touch ups and small tricky areas. Steelguard 549 should not be applied below 5 degrees or above 50 degrees celsius, otherwise it may not adhere to the surface properly. With quick drying time 549 is dry in just 30 minutes and be recoated after 6 hours in conditions of around 20 degrees celsius.
Surface and Environment
PPG Steelguard 549 can be used of on-site or off-site application and when dry produces a high quality, white matt, protective coating that can be used internally or externally to ensure that structural steel has the utmost protection from the risk of fire.
- PPG Steelguard 549 is only available in white
- One component thin-film solvent borne intumescent coating for fire protection of structural steelwork
- Provides up to 120 minutes protection from cellulosic fires
- Off-site or on-site application
- Up to 1500 microns dft in a single coat
- Suitable for C1 and C2 internal environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no topcoat is required
- Tested to national and international standards such as ENV 13381-4 and BS 476 and certified with various national requirements
- Theoretical spreading rate 0.97 m2 per litre at 700 microns.
- Touch dry after 30 minutes
- Overcoating interval min. 6 hours with itself, min. 48 hours with suitable topcoat, max. unlimited
- Available in 20 Litres.