PPG Steelguard FM585 is a one component, thin-film, water-borne, intumescent coating designed for providing fire protection to structural steelwork in an industrial environment.
PPG Steelguard FM585 has been tested to national and international standards and can be used in dry, internal environments without the use of a protective topcoat. Steelguard FM585 is an excellent fire resistant product that provides up to 60 minutes of protection from cellulosic fires and provides surface with 12 months of weather resistance, when no topcoat is used, providing the structure is not immersed in water or exposed to high humidity.
PPG Steelguard FM585 intumescent coating can be applied using airless spray for optimum performance and a brush should only be used for touch ups and small tricky areas. Steelguard FM585 should not be applied below 5 degrees or above 50 degrees Celsius, otherwise it may not adhere to the surface properly. With quick drying time FM585 is dry in just 2 hours and can be recoated after 16 hours in conditions of around 20 degrees Celsius.
Surface and Environment
PPG Steelguard FM585 can be used of on-site or off-site application and when dry produces a high quality, white matt, protective coating that can be used internally or externally to ensure that structural steel has the utmost protection from the risk of fire.
- One component thin-film waterborne intumescent coating for fire protection of structural steelwork
- Provides up to 60 minutes protection from cellulosic fires
- On-site application
- Up to 700 micron DFT in a single coat
- Suitable for C1 and C2 internal environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no topcoat is required
- Tested to national and international standards such as BS 476, NT Fire 021
- ENV 13361-4 and certified with various national requirements
- Available in 20 Litres