Please note, this product is made to order. Call our sales team with enquires on 01462 421333.
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 is a water based high-build which provides a protective semi-gloss coating for metal structures.
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 is an extremely flexible, high-build which can be used as an all-in-one primer, mid and finish coat. It has excellent flexibility and good water resistance, providing good impact and abrasion resistance.
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 has been developed to be a high build easy to apply primer, mid coat and topcoat all in one for application direct to metal and galvanized steel. Sigma AquaCover 80 is proving to be extremely popular as a waterborne flexible coating for protecting steel on bridges, and other metal structures. This has proved to be an ideal coating in countries that prioritise EHS regulations such as Denmark.
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 is specified for many infrastructure projects in Europe because of its elastomeric and ease of application qualities. It is ideal for maintenance applications or for new build projects.
Stir Sigma AquaCover 80 well before use and apply with a brush or roller. It is not recommended that Sigma AquaCover 80 is thinned.
Surface and Environment
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 is recommended for direct application to metal and galvanised steel. It is a waterbourne coating which provides a flexible protective coating for steels and metal structures such as bridges, steel constructions and tanks, etc. Sigma AquaCover 80 has a high impact resistance and low dirt pick-up and has 200 percent flexibility capabilities. For this reason, it is the first choice for coating rivet heads and is specified for use on high voltage power pylons by ELIA in Belgium.
SigmaAquaCover 80 is a countertype to Noxyde and benefits from improved properties compared to Noxyde as listed below:
- Sigma AquaCover 80 has a lower advised DFT
- Sigma AquaCover 80 can be applied in a single coat (Noxyde is 2)
- Sigma AquaCover 80 can be applied in lower temperatures
- Sigma AquaCover 80 has better impact resistance
- Sigma AquaCover 80 has better abrasion resistance
- Sigma AquaCover 80 has a better spraying pattern
- Sigma AquaCover 80 is not tacky
- Sigma AquaCover 80 has higher gloss
- Sigma AquaCover 80 requires less coats, less handling and lower HSE implications.
- Reduced explosion risk and fire hazard
- Excellent adhesion to old or weathered paints
- Fast drying
- Can be overcoated with dispersion paints
- Water based high build coating
- High build coating for steelwork
- Offers flexible and durable water based solution for steelwork applicable a high film thickness
- Tested to ISO 12944-6 for C5M High durability as full water based system with water based acrylic topcoat (AQUACOVER 40/45).
- Single coat application
- Excellent flexibility
|Stock Colours:||RAL 7032|
|VOC Content:||35.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For steel|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||3.0 m2 per litre at 150 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||150 - 300 microns|
|Touch Dry:||1 hour at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 4 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Water|
|Shelf Life:||at least 18 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.