This product is made to order.
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 is a water based high-build which provides a protective semi-gloss coating for metal structures.
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 is an extremely flexible, high-build which can be used as an all-in-one primer, mid and finish coat. It has excellent flexibility and good water resistance, providing good impact and abrasion resistance.
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 has been developed to be a high build easy to apply primer, mid coat and topcoat all in one for application direct to metal and galvanized steel. Sigma AquaCover 80 is proving to be extremely popular as a waterborne flexible coating for protecting steel on bridges, and other metal structures. This has proved to be an ideal coating in countries that prioritise EHS regulations such as Denmark.
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 is specified for many infrastructure projects in Europe because of its elastomeric and ease of application qualities. It is ideal for maintenance applications or for new build projects.
Stir Sigma AquaCover 80 well before use and apply with a brush or roller. It is not recommended that Sigma AquaCover 80 is thinned.
Surface and Environment
PPG Sigma AquaCover 80 is recommended for direct application to metal and galvanised steel. It is a waterbourne coating which provides a flexible protective coating for steels and metal structures such as bridges, steel constructions and tanks, etc. Sigma AquaCover 80 has a high impact resistance and low dirt pick-up and has 200 percent flexibility capabilities. For this reason, it is the first choice for coating rivet heads and is specified for use on high voltage power pylons by ELIA in Belgium.
SigmaAquaCover 80 is a countertype to Noxyde and benefits from improved properties compared to Noxyde as listed below:
Sigma AquaCover 80 has a lower advised DFT
Sigma AquaCover 80 can be applied in a single coat (Noxyde is 2)
Sigma AquaCover 80 can be applied in lower temperatures
Sigma AquaCover 80 has better impact resistance
Sigma AquaCover 80 has better abrasion resistance
Sigma AquaCover 80 has a better spraying pattern
Sigma AquaCover 80 is not tacky
Sigma AquaCover 80 has higher gloss
Sigma AquaCover 80 requires less coats, less handling and lower HSE implications.
- PPG Sigma AquaCover 80
- One component, water borne, high build acrylic coating
- Reduced explosion risk and fire hazard
- Excellent adhesion to old or weathered paints
- Fast drying
- Can be overcoated with dispersion paints
- Water based high build coating
- High build coating for steelwork.
- Offers flexible and durable water based solution for steelwork applicable a high film thickness.
- Tested to ISO 12944-6 for C5M High durability as full water based system with water based acrylic topcoat (AQUACOVER 40/45).
- Single coat application
- Excellent flexibility
- Touch dry in 4 hours
- Overcoating interval minimum 6 hours
- Available in Ral 7032, limited range of colours also available
- Theoretical coverage rate 3 sq. metres per litre (at 150 microns)
- Available in 20 litre units.