This product has been discontinued please call to discuss an alternative. Please see PPG Sigmashield 880 as a potential alternative.
PPG Sigma TCN 440 is a two component coating for the protection of steel in aqueous, marine and industrial environments.
The Sigma TCN 440 2 component high build isocyanate coal tar. epoxide is designed to protect blast cleaned steel in aqueous, marine and industrial environments. Designed to work in some of the most extreme conditions this steel protection paint is perfect for industrial settings which involve a marine exterior.
This steel protection paint from Sigma is designed to be immersed only one hour after application, providing an effective solution in tidal zone applications and cold climatic conditions.
The Sigma TCN 440 is generally applied to blast cleaned steel, using an airless spray method, as this gives the best finish and most effective coating. Please note that when applying 450 microns, it will tolerate in excess of 800 microns, on areas of overlap, without sagging or detriment to the overall performance of the steel protective coating.
Surface and Environment
This highly effective steel protective coating is perfect for all year round protection of industrial sized marine operations and can maintain performance at extremely low temperatures.
- Sigma TCN 440 two component high build isocyanate coal tar/epoxide
- Cures at temperatures as low as zero degress celsius
- One hour post application immersion possible at 15 degrees celsius
- Rapid throughput of work can be maintained even in a cold climatic conditions
- With spray application dry film thickness of 250 microns and above can be obtained by means of the cross coat/multipass technique
- When applying 450 microns it will tolerate in excess of 800 microns on areas of overlap without sagging or detriment to the overall performance
- Touch dry after 1 hour
- Overcoating interval min. 6 hours
- Theoretical spreading rate 2.4 - 1.3 sq m/l
- Available in 20 litres
- Colour Black 8000
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.