PPG Sigma Vikote 18 Chlorinated Rubber Primer is a high build aluminium pigmented chlorinated rubber primer/sealer that offers the ultimate protection against the potential of corrosion and when dry produces a grey or reddish grey flat finish.
PPG Sigma Vikote 18 Chlorinated Rubber Primer is best used in industrial, marine and construction environments where a protective coating is essential and is resistant to well designed cathodic protection. Sigma Vikote 18 Chlorinated Rubber Primer is compatible for use with most anti-fouling coatings to provide a protective undercoat in a marine environment.
PPG Sigma Vikote 18 Chlorinated Rubber Primer should ideally be applied using air or airless spray and it is not recommended to apply using brush or roller as the required density can not be reached in one coat. This product can be applied even at temperatures down to -10°C and is extremely versatile, offering a theoretical coverage rate of 5.6m2 per litre. Sigma Vikote 18 Chlorinated Rubber Primer is touch dry after 4 hours at low temperatures and can be overcoated after just 6 hours.
Surface and Environment
PPG Sigma Vikote 18 Chlorinated Rubber Primer can be applied to a variety of surfaces, most commonly steel that has been prepared with a zinc silicate primer, as well as blasted steel and galvanised steel that are dry, clean and free from contamination. Sigma Vikote 18 can be applied internally or externally and offers exceptional water resistance.
- High build aluminium pigmented chlorinated rubber primer/sealer
- Anti corrosive primer/sealer
- Excellent water resistance
- Resistant to well designed/controlled cathodic protection.
- Fast drying
- Can be applied at low temperatures, down to -10 degrees C.
- Tolerates a dft up to 150 microns at overlaps without sagging
- Compatible with antifoulings
- Theoretical spreading rate 5.6 m2 per litre at 75 microns
- Touch dry after 4 hours at 5 - 10 degrees C, 1 hour at 20 degrees C.
- Overcoating interval min. 6 hours, max. unlimited
- Available in 20 Litres