PPG SigmaCover 1500 is a general purpose surface tolerant solvent free polyamide cured epoxy primer/coating paint that can be used to provide long term protection to steel structures.
PPG SigmaCover 1500 is a two component surface tolerant solvent free polyamide cured epoxy primer/coating that can be used as an undercoat and topcoat, however is compatible with most aged alkyd, epoxy and polyurethane coatings.
PPG SigmaCover 1500 is a general purpose paint that can be used to provide long term protection to steel structures all the while reducing risk of explosion and fire hazards in confined spaces. SigmaCover 1500 has excellent corrosion resistance and works to resist moisture content in the air and protect steel structures from the potential of rusting.
PPG SigmaCover 1500 can be easily applied using a roller in temperatures above 5 degrees celsius. The product has a theoretical coverage rate of approximately 8m2 per litre, suitable for medium sized application and once applied to clean, dry and contamination free substrates will be dry to touch after 12 hours at low temperatures, although this will significantly increase at higher temperatures.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 1500 can be used in a variety of industrial, commercial and construction exposures on all steel structures to create a grey/white glossy finish. SigmaCover 1500 can be used internally on submarines, the lower decks of ships/boats, or in industrial environments indoors that are built primarily from steel.
- PPG SigmaCover 1500 is a two component surface tolerant solvent free polyamine cured epoxy primer/coating
- Two component surface tolerant solvent free polyamine cured epoxy primer/coating
- General purpose primer/build coat for long term protection of steel structures
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Compatible with various aged coating like aged alkyd, epoxy and polyurethane
- Reduces explosion risk and fire hazard in confined spaces
- Good flow and wetting properties
- Can be used from temperatures above 5° C.
- Can be applied by roller
- Theoretical spreading rate 7.9 m2 per litre at 125 Microns
- Touch dry after 12 hours
- Overcoating interval max. see tables, min. see tables
- Full cure after 7 days.