PPG SigmaCover 380 is a universal epoxy anti-corrosive primer based upon pure epoxy technology suitable for ballast tanks and marine structures.
PPG SigmaCover 380 is best suited as a anti-corrosive primer for application to ballast tanks, decks, topside, superstructures and hulls. Sigmacover 380 has good abrasion resistance for dedicated areas of application.
- Suitable for immersion service (ballast tanks, outside shell)
- Good anti-corrosive properties and water resistance
- Good flexibility
- Resistant to well designed cathodic protection
- Good drying and curing properties
- Suitable for both new building and maintenance applications
Prepare substrate as per data sheets. The temperature of the mixed base and hardener should preferably be above 15C, otherwise extra thinner may be required to obtain application viscosity. Apply via brush for stripe coating and spot repair only. Usual application is via airless spray.
- Finish: Eggshell
- Recommended DFT: 125 - 200 microns depending on system
- Dry to Touch: 3 hours at 20°C
- Overcoating Interval: Min. 8 hours - 28 days Max. at 20°C
- Full Cure: 7 days at 20°C
- Pot Life: 4 hours at 20°C
- Recommended Thinner: Thinner 91-92
- Available in Grey, Green, Yellow Green and Light Grey
- Available in 20 Litres