PPG SigmaCover 380 is a universal epoxy anti-corrosive primer based upon pure epoxy technology suitable for ballast tanks and marine structures.
PPG SigmaCover 380 is best suited as a anti-corrosive primer for application to ballast tanks, decks, topside, superstructures and hulls. Sigmacover 380 has good abrasion resistance for dedicated areas of application.
- Suitable for immersion service (ballast tanks, outside shell)
- Good anti-corrosive properties and water resistance
- Good flexibility
- Resistant to well designed cathodic protection
- Good drying and curing properties
- Suitable for both new building and maintenance applications
Prepare substrate as per data sheets. The temperature of the mixed base and hardener should preferably be above 15°C, otherwise extra thinner may be required to obtain application viscosity. Apply via brush for stripe coating and spot repair only. Usual application is via airless spray.
- Finish: Eggshell
- Recommended DFT: 125 - 200 microns depending on system
- Dry to Touch: 3 hours at 20°C
- Overcoating Interval: Min. 8 hours - 28 days Max. at 20°C
- Full Cure: 7 days at 20°C
- Pot Life: 4 hours at 20°C
- Recommended Thinner: Thinner 91-92
- Available in Grey and Black
- Available in 20 Litres