PPG Amercoat 71 Primer (Formerly SigmaCover 577) is a two component polyamide cured epoxy sealer designed to be used as a metal primer ready for the application of a decorative topcoat.
PPG Amercoat 71 Primer (Formerly SigmaCover 577) is highly adhesive and works to help topcoats adhere to the surface more effectively, however can also be used as a finishing coating itself, available in red oxide and off white.
PPG SigmaCover 577 can be used as a sealer coat in Steelguard intumescent coating systems but is primarily designed to be used as a primer on steel, galvanised steel, and non-ferrous metals to offer excellent adherence to the substrate.
PPG SigmaCover 577 can be applied using brush, roller and air/airless spray to produce a high quality coating to a variety of metal substrates. SigmaCover 577 is part of the fantastic range of SigmaCover products that offers a fast drying time of just 2 hours, which offers business owners the opportunity to minimise downtime. SigmaCover 577 has a theoretical coverage rate of 5-10m2 depending on the surface you use it on.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 577 can be used in construction, commercial and industrial exposures, internally or externally, on a variety of steel and non-ferrous metal appliances. This product offers high adhesion and is best used as a primer to be coated over with a range of different SigmaCover topcoats
- PPG Amercoat 71 Primer (Formerly SigmaCover 577)
- Two component polyamide cured epoxy sealer.
- Sealer coat in Steelguard intumescent coating systems.
- Good adhesion to steel and galvanised steel.
- Good adhesion to non ferrous metals.
- Good flow and wetting properties.
- Touch dry after 2 hours.
- Overcoating interval min. 4 hours, max. 10 days.
- Theoretical spreading rate 10.2 m2 per litre for 50µm