PPG SigmaCover 805 has been formulated for application to steel, galvanised steel and iron especially in marine environment and offers high resistance to salt and fresh water and is highly resistant to chemically polluted water.
PPG SigmaCover 805 is a two component high solids poly amide adduct cured epoxy coating that can be applied directly to metal. SigmaCover 805 is tar free and offers excellent abrasion resistance so can be used on flooring as well as vertical substrates.
PPG SigmaCover 805 is best used on metal substrates, including, steel, galvanised steel and iron. SigmaCover 805 has been designed for use especially in the marine environment and offers high resistance to water (salt or fresh) and high resistance to chemically polluted water. Due to its outstanding waterproofing properties, SigmaCover 805 protects substrates from the potential to corrode.
PPG SigmaCover 805 can be applied using brush, roller or spray once the two components have been mixed together and offers users a theoretical coverage rate of 5.5m2. After 3 hours the surface will be touch dry and ready for a recoat after a minimum of 16 hours.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 805 can be used on a variety of different substrates in the marine environment. Highly suited for steel applications, SigmaCover 805 is available in black and grey to suit the metal substrate. Use SigmaCover 805 on railings, posts, decks, and most other marine based surfaces that are exposed to atmospheric conditions.
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - Im 1 and Im 2 High at 150 microns DFT
- PPG SigmaCover 805 a two component high solids poly amine adduct cured epoxy coating
- Two component high solids poly amine adduct cured epoxy coating
- Can be used directly to metal
- Very good surface wetting
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Outstanding (sea)water resistance.
- Resistant to well designed/controlled cathodic protection
- Good resistance against chemically polluted water.
- Good abrasion resistance.
- Tar free
- Theoretical spreading rate 5.5 m2 at 150 microns
- Touch dry after 3 hours
- Overcoating interval min. 16 hours, max. 28 days
- Ready for immersion 3 days.