This product has now been discontinued. Please see PPG Sigmadur 550 as an alternative or call our technical team for further info.
PPG Sigmadur 590 Amershield is a two component aliphatic acrylic polyurethane finish that provides outstanding resistance in atmospheric exposure conditions and produces a fine looking gloss finish in a range of shades.
PPG Sigmadur 590 Amershield is a multi-purpose product that can be used to coat different appliances found in the marine environment, including railings, posts and exterior walls that have been prepared appropriately.
PPG Sigmadur 590 Amershield offers excellent application properties and allows for ease and handling with a theoretical coverage rate of 7.3m2 per litre. After 2.5 hours, Sigmadur 590 Amershield will be touch dry ready for a recoat after 8 hours minimum, when applied using a brush, roller or spraying device.
Surface and Environment
PPG Sigmadur 590 Amershield has been specially manufactured for use in the outdoor world, providing excellent weathering resistance that will not yellow when exposed to direct sunlight. 590 is a high performance shield coating that works to retain colour and gloss retention for a long time and offers excellent splash resistance to a range of chemicals, oils and paraffins.
- PPG Sigmadur 590 (Amershield).
- Two component aliphatic acrylic polyurethane finish.
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric exposure conditions.
- Excellent colour and gloss retention.
- Non-chalking, non-yellowing.
- Resistant to splash of mineral and vegetable oils, paraffins, aliphatic petroleum products and mild chemicals.
- Good application properties.
- Theoretical spreading rate 7.3 m2 per litre