PPG SigmaFast 213 is a two component high build polyamide cured vinyl epoxy primer or build coat designed for use in protective coating systems for steel structures.
PPG SigmaFast 213 has been specially designed for steel structures in strong atmospheric conditions and is available in grey and yellow for improved visibility of certain structures that often prove difficult to see at night or in dark conditions.
SigmaFast 213 can be applied easily using airless spray, brush or roller and like all SigmaFast coatings has a quick drying time or just 50 minutes, ready for an overcoating after 1 hour. SigmaFast 213 offers speed and ease of handling making it easier to apply than other conventional high build paints.
Surface and Environment
SigmaFast 213 is particularly ideal for use on steel structures that are dry and have been cleaned thoroughly prior to application. Once applied the surface will be tough and flexible allowing structures to move due to atmospheric conditions but will maintain its high quality flat appearance without cracking or flaking.
- SigmaFast 213
- A two component high build polyamide cured vinyl epoxy primer.
- Epoxy primer or build coat in protective coating systems for steel structures in atmospheric exposure.
- Tough, with long term flexibility.
- Cures at temperatures down to -5 degrees C.
- Fast drying and handling.
- Theoretical spreading rate 7.5 m squared/l for 80 microns, 3.3 m squared/l for 180 microns.
- Touch dry after 50 minutes.
- Overcoating interval min. 1 hour, max. 1 year.