PPG SigmaLine 403 is a two component polyamide cured epoxy flow coating designed to reduce the frictional resistance inside of steel pipes for the transportation of purified natural gas.
PPG SigmaLine 403 offers excellent anti corrosive properties to protect piping and other surfaces where a slidy, friction free surface is required. SigmaLine 403 is available in red brown that can be used to decorate the externals of pipes as well.
PPG SigmaLine 403 is easy to apply using airless spray for a quicker application process and offers fast drying properties also, being dry to touch after just 45 minutes at 25 degrees celsius and ready for a recoat in 8 hours. SigmaLine 403 has a theoretical coverage rate of 13.5m2 per litre, ideal for small, medium and large sized applications.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaLine 403 should be applied to blasted steel and steel that has been chemically cleaned. Substrate temperature should be above 5 degrees celsius in order to adhere properly and left to dry in conditions not exposed to adverse weather conditions such as condensation, rain, fog and snow.
- Two component polyamide cured epoxy flow coating.
- Reduces the frictional resistance of the inside of steel pipes for the transportation of purified natural gas.
- Good anticorrosive properties.
- Meets API specification RP 5L2 third edition.
- Touch dry after 45 min.
- Overcoating interval min. 8 hours, max. 2 months.
- Full cure after 7 days.
- Colour: Red brown
- Theoretical spreading rate 13.5 m2/l for 40 microns, 9.0 m2/l for 60 microns.
- Please call for further details.