PPG SigmaPrime 700 is a high performance, multi-purpose coating system for steel and non-ferrous metals, providing protection from corrosion and water damage.
PPG SigmaPrime 700 is a two component, multi-purpose, polyamide cured, anti-corrosive, epoxy product designed for general purpose use in protective coating systems suitable for use on steel and non-ferrous metals. SigmaPrime 700 is a high performing product that can be used on a wide scale on a massive variety of steel structures, in order to protect the surface from corrosion and water damage.
PPG SigmaPrime 700 is suitable for touching up weld seams and damages to epoxy coatings and dries to form a red-brown finish. SigmaPrime 700 dries in temperatures as low as 5 degrees Celsius as this is necessary in order for the substance to adhere properly and is ideal for use in marine exposures, on steel and non-ferrous metals.
PPG SigmaPrime 700 is an undercoat product that can be used in conjunction with a number of epoxy protective systems and can be applied using twin feed spray application or brush, for when you need to apply touch ups or spot repairs. SigmaPrime 700 is quick drying in just 1 half hours and does not necessarily need a second coating.
Surface and Environments
PPG SigmaPrime 700 can be used in construction, marine and industrial environments and can be applied and used internally and externally to offer extreme corrosion and water resistance on a daily basis. SigmaPrime 700 offers great recoatability and can be overcoated with almost all alkyd, chlorinated rubber, vinyl, epoxy and polyurethane coatings suitable for use on metal substrates.
This product is the primer for the following systems:
- Network Rail System N2 (XN90) at 100 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N13 at 100 microns DFT
- PPG SigmaPrime 700 is a two component polyurethane coatings
- Compatible with well designed cathodic protection systems
- Suitable on wet blast cleaned substrates (damp or dry)
- BASIC DATA AT 20°C (1 g/cm3 = 8.25 lb/US gal; 1 m2/l = 40.7 ft2/US gal)
- Mass density 1.4 g/cm3
- Volume solids 70%
- VOC (supplied) max. 227 g/kg (Directive 1999/13/EC, SED)
- Max. 313 g/l (approx. 2.6 lb/gal)
- Recommended dry film thickness 100 - 200 microns depending on system
- Theoretical spreading rate 7.0 m2 per litre at 100 microns, 3.5 m2 per litre at 200 microns
- Touch dry after 2 hours
- Colour available red brown 2008
- Available in 20 Litres