This product is now discontinued. Please see Sigmashield Prime / PPG SP200 / PPG SP700 as potential alternatives or call our technical team for advice.
SigmaShield 220 is a two component, reinforced, high solids, polyamine adduct cured, epoxy primer, designed for general purpose priming, as part of protective coating systems, applied to steel.
SigmaShield 220 is highly suited for application to steel substrates and can be purchased in a green/yellow coating for decoration purposes as well as protection. SigmaShield 220 offers excellent abrasion resistance and water resistance suitable for immersion in water and works to resist well against chemically polluted water and chemicals themselves.
SigmaShield 220 can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray and has a theoretical coverage rate of 6.2m2 per litre and is touch dry after 4 hours. A second coat of SigmaShield 220 can be applied after a 3.5 hour interval has elapsed.
Surface and Environment
SigmaShield 220 has been manufactured to offer outstanding corrosion resistance in industrial and coastal/marine environments. SigmaShield 220 should primarily be used as a part of a protective coating system applied to steel.
- Available in 20 Litres.
- Colour Yellow Green 4009.
- Two component reinforced high solids polyamine adduct cured epoxy primer.
- General purpose primer for coating systems for steel.
- Good abrasion resistance.
- Outstanding sea water resistance.
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Good resistance against chemically polluted water.
- Resistant to well designed/controlled cathodic protection.
- Theoretical spreading rate 6.2 m