PPG Sigmashield 400 Amerlock 400 GF is a two component, high solids glass flake reinforced polyamine cured epoxy coating for steel, metals, concrete and masonry.
PPG Sigmashield 400 / Amerlock 400 GF is designed to prevent corrosion under insulation (CUI) of carbon steel and stainless steel. PPG Amerlock 400 GF is glass flake reinforced for improved impact and abrasion resistance with excellent resistance to corrosion. Ideal for long term protection of areas subject to heavy wear and tear.
Suitable for application to carbon steel, concrete, masonry, galvanised steel or non ferrous metals and stainless steel.
- Very low water permeability due to glass flake barrier
- Suitable for immersion service
- Designed to prevent corrosion under insulation of carbon steel and stainless steel
- Up to 750 microns DFT in a single coat
Remove all loose paint, mill scale and rust. The surface to be coated must be stable and free from grease, oil and all foreign materials. For immersion service, blast clean to ISO Sa2.5. For atmospheric service, abrasive blast clean to ISO-St2. Apply using airless spray or conventional spray. Use brush or roller for touch up and spot repair only.
This product is part of the following systems:
- Network Rail System M21 (XM92) at 400 microns DFT
- Two Component Product
- Appearance: Eggshell
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 200 - 750 microns depending on system
- Theoretical Coverage: 4.4m2 per litre for 200 micron thickness
- Dry to Touch: 6 hours at 20°C
- Overcoating Interval: 24 - 3 months
- Full Cure: 8 days at 20°C
- Pot Life: 2 hours at 20°C
- Thinner: PPG Thinner 21-06
- Available to be tinted
- Available in 20 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.