SigmaTherm 175 is a heat resistant modified alkyd product that produces an aluminium finish, ideal for use on a variety of metal substrates exposed to a high level of heat.
PPG SigmaTherm 175 is named 175 because it resists heat of up to and including 175 degrees celsius and offers high brilliancy in interior and sheltered exterior applications. SigmaTherm 175 is ideally suited for application to pipes, radiators and low heat engines to aid the protection of the surface and surrounding area.
SigmaTherm 175 should be applied using a spray gun to improve the appearance of the surface but can be applied using brush or roller for touch ups too. SigmaTherm 175 is dry to touch after just 3 hours at low temperatures and can be overcoated in 16-36 hours. Make sure you leave 3 full days for the product to cure at 20 degrees before you expose the surface to heat, this is vital in ensuring the product has adhered to the surface properly and will perform properly.
Surface and Environment
SigmaTherm 175 is a high performance product that provides surfaces with a high glossy finish to aid protection and offer a level of decoration with an aluminium effect. SigmaTherm 175 should ideally be used internally to offer heat resistance to appliances of up to 175 degrees celsius.
- Approved for MoD use
- Colour Aluminium RAL 9006
- Heat resistant modified alkyd aluminium finish
- Heat resistant up to 175 degrees Celsius
- High brilliancy
- Spray application improves the appearance
- A minimum drying time of 3 days at 20 degrees Celsius should be allowed before exposure to heat
- Theoretical spreading rate 18.8 sq m/l for 25 microns
- Touch dry after 3 hours at 5 - 10 degrees Celsius, 1 hour at 20 degrees Celsius
- Overcoating interval min. 36 hours at 5 - 10 degrees Celsius, 16 hours at 20 degrees Celsius, max. unlimited
- Available in 5 litres.