This product has now been discontinued please call our Technical Department for an alternative.
SigmaTherm 520 is a one component system ideal for providing a heat resistant coating to internal and external steel surfaces with resistance of up to 520 degrees celsius. SigmaTherm 520 is available in an ethyl silicate finish that can be used over all inorganic zinc primers.
SigmaTherm 520 is best used for providing protection to metal substrates that reach surface temperatures of up to 520 degrees celsius. SigmaTherm 520 is ideal for use in heavy industrial and construction environments internally and externally and offers excellent weathering protection to prevent corrosion.
SigmaTherm 520 should be applied using a spray gun to improve the appearance of the surface but can be applied using brush or roller for touch ups too. SigmaTherm 520 is dry to touch after just 1 hour at 20 degrees celsius and can be overcoated in 5 hours. Make sure you leave 12 hours for the product to cure at 20 degrees before you expose the surface to heat, this is vital in ensuring the product has adhered to the surface properly and will perform properly.
Surface and Environment
SigmaTherm 520 is designed for use in all types of industrial exposures where a heat resistant finish is required. Not only does this product protect surfaces and appliances from heat damage but works to cure the surface from all moisture content. 520 also works to minimize the formation of zinc salts in atmospheric exposures.
- Colour Aluminium 9006.
- One component heat resistant moisture curing (ethyl) silicate finish.
- To be used for the internal and external protection of steel surfaces.
- Up to 520 degrees Celsius when applied on top of suitable zinc silicate primers.
- Minimizes the formation of zinc salts on atmospheric exposure.
- Cures at temperatures down to -5 degrees Celsius
- No post curing is required to obtain mechanical strength.
- Touch dry after 60 min. at 20 degrees Celsius
- Overcoating interval min. 5 hours, max. unlimited, contamination must be removed
- Curing time 12 hours
- Thinners 90-53
- Theoretical spreading rate 9.5 sq m/l for 40 microns
- Available in 18 Litres