SigmaWeld 199 is a grey, two component, moisture curing, low zinc silicate prefabrication primer suitable for automatic application on shot blasted steel plates.
SigmaWeld 199 Silicate Prefabrication Primer offers extremely fast drying properties that help reduce downtime in a business environment, allowing you to get back to work quickly.
SigmaWeld 199 can be used in seawater immersion in combination with controlled cathodic protection systems and also provides good cutting and welding properties including MIG/MAG welding in various positions such as automatic or manual welding.
SigmaWeld 199 can be applied using airless spray for direct application to a variety of metal substrates prior to welding and offers excellent resistance to weld splatter, not allowing it to adhere to the surface. SigmaWeld 199 is touch dry after 6 minutes in conditions of 20°C, which is remarkable in comparison to other conventional Welding Primers.
Surface and Environment
SigmaWeld 199 works to provide regular smooth welding seams and releases little or no fumes during welding and cutting. SigmaWeld 199 is ideal for use in the construction industry where welding is common practice. Please ring our technical support team for more information on this product and one of our highly experienced team of professionals will be happy to assist you.
- Suitable for seawater immersion in combination with controlled cathodic protection systems
- Approved by Lloyd's Register of Shipping for use as prefabrication primer (see sheet 1880)
- Health certificate from North of England Industrial Health Service (see sheet 1881)
- Two component moisture curing, low zinc (ethyl) silicate prefabrication primer.
- Suitable for automatic application on shot blasted steel plates.
- Fast drying properties.
- Good cutting and excellent welding properties, including MIG/MAG welding in various positions (either automatic or manual welding).
- Provides regular, smooth weld seams.
- Low fume release during welding and cutting.
- No adherence of weld spatter at surrounding primed surface.
- Excellent thermal stability minimizes heat damage during hot work procedures.
- Can be used as a first coat in various paint systems.
|Tintable:||Yes (to grey only - on request). Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|VOC Content:||676.0 g/l|
|Volume Solids:||25 +/- 2%|
|Suitable Substrates:||Shot blasted steel|
|Application Method:||Air Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||13.9m2/l for 18 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||18 microns (0.7 mils)|
|Pot Life:||24 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After minimum 3 days to maximum 6 months at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||3 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||PPG Thinner 90-53|
|Shelf Life:||Binder: at least 9 months, Paste: at least 12 months - when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 18 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.