SigmaWeld 210 (DSP 210) is a grey, two component, moisture curing, low zinc silicate prefabrication primer suitable for automatic application on shot blasted steel plates. SigmaWeld 199 Silicate Prefabrication Primer offers extremely fast drying properties that help reduce downtime in a business environment, allowing you to get back to work quickly.
SigmaWeld 210 (DSP 210) can be used in seawater immersion in combination with controlled cathodic protection systems and also provides good cutting and welding properties including MIG/MAG welding in various positions such as automatic or manual welding.
SigmaWeld 210 (DSP 210) can be applied using airless spray for direct application to a variety of metal substrates prior to welding and offers excellent resistance to weld splatter, not allowing it to adhere to the surface. SigmaWeld 210 (DSP 210) is touch dry after 2-4 minutes in conditions of 20 degrees celsius, which is remarkable in comparison to other conventional Welding Primers.
Surface and Environment
SigmaWeld 210 (DSP 210) works to provide regular smooth welding seams and releases little or no fumes during welding and cutting. SigmaWeld 210 (DSP 210) is ideal for use in the construction industry where welding is common practice. Please ring our technical support team for more information on this product and one of our highly experienced team of professionals will be happy to assist you.#
- Available in 10 litres
- Colour Grey
- Two component moisture curing, zinc (ethyl) silicate prefabrication primer.
- Suitable for automatic application on shot blasted steel plates.
- Fast drying properties.
- Good cutting and excellent welding properties, including MIG/MAG welding in various positions (either automatic or manual welding).
- Provides corrosion protection up to 9 months.
- Can be used as a first coat in various paint systems.
- Suitable for seawater immersion in combination with controlled cathodic protection systems.
- Excellent thermal stability minimizes heat damage during hot work procedures.
- No adherence of weld spatter at surrounding primed surface.
- Approved by Lloyd's Register of Shipping for use as prefabrication primer.
- Theoretical spreading rate 19 sq m/l for 20 microns
- Touch dry after 2 - 4 min. at substrate temperature of 20 degrees Celsius, 1 -2 min. at substrate temperature of 40 degrees Celsius
- Overcoating interval min. 16 hours, max. 9 months, longer overcoating intervals can be permitted when primer is still in sound condition.