PPG Steelguard 702 is a single component, thin film solvent borne intumescent coating for the fire protection of circular and rectangular hollow section structural steel.
PPG Steelguard 702 has a unique formulation for the protection of hollow sections of structural steel. This product provides up to 90 minute protection from cellulosic fires, applicable either on or off site. Up to 1500 µm (60.0 mils) DFT in a single coat. Suitable for C1 to C4 internal and external environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no topcoat is required. Weather resistant up to 12 months without topcoat provided the coating has been applied in accordance with data sheets and is not subject to running or pooling water, high humidity or immersion conditions.
Approved primer must be sound, dry and free from any contamination. Stir thoroughly until homogeneous and free of lumps. Apply using airless spray or brush/roller for touch up or repair. Please refer to data sheets or call for info.
- Finish: Matt
- Tested and assessed to EN 13381-8
- CE marked product, ETA 15/0053
- Assessed to ETAG 018-2 for all durability classifications
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 200 - 1500 microns per coat
- Theoretical Coverage: 1.07m2 per litre at 700 microns
- Dry to touch in 30 minutes
- Available in White
- Available in 20 Litres