PPG Steelguard FM560 is a one component, thin-film, solvent borne, intumescent coating designed for providing fire protection to structural steelwork in an industrial environment.
PPG Steelguard FM560 has been tested to national and international standards and can be used in dry, internal environments without the use of a protective topcoat. Steelguard FM560 is an excellent fire resistant product that provides up to 120 minutes of protection from cellulosic fires and provides surface with 12 months of weather resistance, when no topcoat is used, providing the structure is not immersed in water or exposed to high humidity.
PPG Steelguard FM560 can be applied using airless spray for optimum performance and a brush should only be used for touch ups and small tricky areas. Steelguard FM560 should not be applied below 5 degrees or above 50 degrees Celsius, otherwise it may not adhere to the surface properly. With quick drying time FM560 is dry in just 20 minutes and can be recoated after 4 hours in conditions of around 20 degrees Celsius.
Surface and Environment
PPG Steelguard FM560 can be used of on-site or off-site application and when dry produces a high quality, white/grey matt, protective coating that can be used internally or externally to ensure that structural steel has the utmost protection from the risk of fire.
- One component thin-film solvent borne intumescent coating for fire protection of structural steelwork.
- Provides up to 120 minutes protection from cellulosic fires.
- Fast drying, providing short handling times.
- Off-site or on-site application.
- Up to 1000 ?m dft in a single coat.
- Suitable for C1 to C4 internal and external environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no topcoat is required.
- Weather resistant up to 12 months without topcoat provided the coating has been applied in accordance with Information Sheet 1222 and is not subject to running or pooling water, hot high humidity or immersion.
- Tested to national and international standards such as ENV 13381-4 and BS 476 and certified with various national requirements.
- Overcoating interval min. 4 hours with itself, min. 24 hours with suitable topcoat, max. unlimited.
|VOC Content:||325.0 g/l|
|Volume Solids:||68 +/- 3%|
|Suitable Substrates:||Structural Steelwork|
|Application Method:||Airless Spray. Brush or Roller should only be used on small areas ( touch up and repair)|
|Theoretical Coverage:||0.97 sq m/l for 700 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||200- 1000 microns (8.0 - 40.0 mils) per coat|
|Touch Dry:||20 minutes at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After minimum 4 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Thinner 21-06 (normally no thinner required). Do not add thinner when using brush or roller|
|Shelf Life:||At least 18 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 and 200 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.